[drupal-devel] A collection of usability problems

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Fri Sep 23 14:44:56 UTC 2005

On Friday 23 September 2005 15:07, Dries Buytaert wrote:
> Care to explain why it wouldn't solve anything?  IMO, having a more
> desprective module name does make a difference for new users.

Book module does what its name suggests: it allows you to chapterise (is that
a word?) a long set of articles.

It /can/ be used as outliner. Somehow but it certainly IS not an outliner. And
I keep on chanting my mantra:
"it is not about the name, it is about what the interface and system
communicates to the users"

Hell, I as a Dutchy would think funny things are happening at flickr. I would
have no idea what delicious is about (cake, recepies, h0t Ch1xx). nor what an
orkut is. And what does the name RSS/RDF learn me? Nothing. Yet everyone
seems to know what its about.

The /name/ is but a small, if not tiny, part of the whole communication.
Simply changing the name will make hardly any difference. For example: did we
see a decrease in the amout of rants about taxonomy being so hard now that it
is called classification? I certainly see no less confused people in this
area.

Greets, Bèr 'calling your bike a Mercedes does not make it a car' Kessels