[drupal-devel] Help system redesign

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Sun Sep 25 14:48:27 UTC 2005

I am concerned of fragmentation: different ways of handling things.

The documentor and translator have to learn several interfaces for
doing the same thing.

Unifying the interface on all PO or all NewSystem is better than
learning and maintaing two sets of formats, tools, ...etc.

XML is nice and all, but if we just need is key->data then it is overkill.

If we use PO for help, the only drawback I see is that English will
not have a translation by default, and will need to go thru the
translation hoops.

I guess the ultimate idea has yet to be found in this dicussion.