[drupal-devel] A collection of usability problems

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 20:37:35 UTC 2005

Additionally, since I designed and implemented this feature, you can
extend it however you want -- to include or exclude any pages you
want, simply by changing one or two lines of code.

If your customers are confused by the admin section looking different
from the node editing pages, all you have to do is change the test
that looks for /admin in the directory name or also include
/node/*/edit.

And yes, I agree with Dries -- hyperbole doesn't help. There are
people who will come down on both sides of the issue; if you don't
like it, don't use it! For those who want to use it and appreciate the
separation between site-level admin tasks and community-centric tasks,
it is a huge benefit, not the least of which helps themers focus on
the front end of the site knowing that the admin area will be
consistent (and able to be documented) between sites.

Chris