[drupal-devel] LOCK vs. SELECT FOR UPDATE

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Tue Sep 27 15:50:02 UTC 2005

There are many cases where MySQL supports the syntax but not the functionality.

It silently accepts what you enter (whether it is data definition or
queries) but it does not do what you think it should do.

Most of this has to do with using MyISAM tables but features that only
in InnoDB.

See here for details
http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html