[drupal-devel] Drupal Setup

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Thu Sep 29 15:14:40 UTC 2005

On 29 Sep 2005, at 16:40, Ariejan de Vroom wrote:

> Is there a reason for the fact that Drupal does not have an
> installer right now? If there are no principle objections, I'd like
> to get started on writing one.
>
> Feel free to reply with you 'setup' demands and views.

We're preparing the Drupal 4.7 release.  As such we're mostly
interested in (i) bug fixes, (ii) usability improvements and (iii)
performance improvements.

So if you're looking for a task, I'd be happy to assign you one.
Basically, have a look at http://drupal.org/node/31896#comment-55591
(or the entire thread) and pick a number.

Not on that list are doing some performance comparisons between
Drupal 4.6 and the forthcoming Drupal 4.7 (HEAD) release.  We need to
know if there are performance implications.  Build you site in Drupal
4.6, benchmark the page generation time of various pages, upgrade to
Drupal CVS HEAD, and do the same benchmarks again.  Report the numbers.