[drupal-devel] Re: [CS dev] Worth a look: Symphony

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Fri Sep 30 07:13:33 UTC 2005

On Friday 30 September 2005 07:18, Dries Buytaert wrote:
> On 30 Sep 2005, at 00:33, Khalid B wrote:
> > http://drupal.org/node/32622
> >
> > I was working on something similar for this, but a bit more elaborate,
> > allowing a customized message on the front page, as well as an on/off
> > setting.
> >
> > Only drawback is as mentioned: you can lock yourself out.
>
> Looks better than my approach, although your code needs to be updated
> to adhere the Drupal coding style.  Some strings can't be translated
> either; missing t() functions.

Though both ideas look good, I (just like Gerhard) Am very interested in the
performance penalty of an extra If on EVERY page. A benchmark, should IMO in
this case be done over a long time. The performance penalty is, imo not worth
the gain. But i'd like to see if my concerns are worth investigating at all.

Bèr