[development] Installation -- Can A Module "Refuse" To Be Installed?

Steven Wittens steven at acko.net
Sun Apr 9 02:25:59 UTC 2006

>    * I've noticed that there are calls in install.inc to register
>      schema versions, but I haven't seen any examples of their being
>      used.  How *should* those functions be used?

You shouldn't.

Hook_install is invoked when a module is enabled for the first time.
Right before that, the schema version is set to the latest update number
in install.inc (or 0 if there are none).

Then later, when updates are added, update.php will pick them up and
autoselect the right version. So the first update should start with
version 1.be

Steven Wittens