[development] Tagging contributions for 4.7

Dries Knapen dries.knapen at versateladsl.be
Sun Apr 9 12:36:09 UTC 2006

> this is a reminder to please tag your contributions appropriately
> for 4.7. Many people have become very wary of CVS HEAD because of
> the major incompatibilities between 4.6 and 4.7. We need people to
> test RC2 so we can get 4.7.0 out the door and start working on the
> next version. That's not going to happen if people are still afraid
> to upgrade!

Is somebody working on these issues: http://drupal.org/node/54844 and
http://drupal.org/node/47158? I'm experiencing the same problem, as
well as several other modules.

I branched both simplenews and graphstat for 4.7, at the same time
using exactly the same command (cvs tag -b DRUPAL-4-7). To both
projects, some changes were committed afterwards. In both cases, "cvs
co -r DRUPAL-4-7" results in the correct version of the files.
However, simplenews shows up correctly on the 4.7 download page, but
graphstat doesn't. When editing the graphstat project page, or when
trying to submit a graphstat issue, only 'cvs' is available in the
version dropdown list. The strange thing is that the 4.7 tarball has
been created and updated correctly (http://drupal.org/files/projects/
graphstat-4.7.0.tar.gz), so for some reason, the project module
appears not to recognize it.

If there is anything I can do to help testing or debugging this,
please let me know.

Cheers, Dries Knapen