[bcc][faked-from] Re: [development] check_markup() question

Mark Fredrickson mfredrickson at ppmns.org
Thu Apr 13 14:56:42 UTC 2006

> What I want is to be able to in E-Commerce when E-Mails are sent to be
> able to use php to develop more complex emails. Maybe even mime based
> emails with the invoice attached.

Another use case: I'm working on module to create phone banks and
other advocacy/campaign contact methods in Drupal. The module
integrates tightly with CiviCRM. The critical components of a phone
call are: 1) the person called, 2) the person doing the phoning, 3)
the script, 4) data collection.

A script should have information about both the person doing the
calling and the target individual. (eg. "Hello, my name is {John
Smith}, may I speak with {Janet Jones}? Hello {Ms. Jones}, I'd like
to talk to you about your key issue, {the environment}..." -- where
{}  denotes a field from either the caller's or the target's CiviCRM
record). I've been storing the script in the node, but the caller and
target won't be known until later (when a user participates in the
phone bank).

I've written my own preg_replace solution, but it would nice to have
a filter where I could pass in a parameters array and let the filter
do the work. I think my use case fits in the more generalized solution.

-M