[bcc][faked-from] Re: [development] check_markup() question

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Thu Apr 13 22:23:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 09:56 -0500, Mark Fredrickson wrote:

> > What I want is to be able to in E-Commerce when E-Mails are sent to be
> > able to use php to develop more complex emails. Maybe even mime based
> > emails with the invoice attached.
>
> Another use case: I'm working on module to create phone banks and
> other advocacy/campaign contact methods in Drupal. The module
> integrates tightly with CiviCRM. The critical components of a phone
> call are: 1) the person called, 2) the person doing the phoning, 3)
> the script, 4) data collection.
>
> A script should have information about both the person doing the
> calling and the target individual. (eg. "Hello, my name is {John
> Smith}, may I speak with {Janet Jones}? Hello {Ms. Jones}, I'd like
> to talk to you about your key issue, {the environment}..." -- where
> {}  denotes a field from either the caller's or the target's CiviCRM
> record). I've been storing the script in the node, but the caller and
> target won't be known until later (when a user participates in the
> phone bank).
>
> I've written my own preg_replace solution, but it would nice to have
> a filter where I could pass in a parameters array and let the filter
> do the work. I think my use case fits in the more generalized solution.

If it content that you are filtering is a node then this can be done now
by reloading the node, and processing from there. But if it is not a
node, and you can't find the current piece of content by another mean
then being able to pass an array of vars would make using this in a
filter very easy.

Gordon.