[development] Updating xtemplate

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Fri Apr 14 10:13:31 UTC 2006

Hi there!

We are in the hot phase of the release of Drupal 4.7. Steven pointed out
that still a number of modules need to be made compatible for 4.7. One
of the things that should be updated does not even have a project...

xtemplate

This theme engine was removed from Drupal core (for good reasons). A lot
of people however are likely to still rely on it, however. So I ask for
some kind soul to create a project for it and bring it up to 4.7
standards. I've heard that there is even a version of the include files
for php5 somewhere on the net.

We also need to remember to print a prominent notice about the removal
somewhere (might already be there).

This is a great opportunity for somebody less techie to do a great
service for the Drupal community.

I know you all have waited for it.

On a releated note: queue.module was also removed from core. We should
create a project for it and point out that nmoderation can be used as an
replacement. IIRC Jeff Eaton was even going to provide an upgrade path.

Cheers,
    Gerhard