[development] Organic Group Enhancements

Bertrand Mansion bmansion at mamasam.com
Tue Apr 18 08:08:56 UTC 2006

Angie Byron wrote:

>I've created a forum post here: http://drupal.org/node/59082 which outlines a
>set of Organic Group enhancements CivicSpace Labs is starting for Raven Books
of
>BuyBlue.org.
>
>Since it's a long post and I know you all are busy people, I'll sum it up for
>you. ;)
>
>- Allow "tiered" levels of organic groups with different permissions assigned
>members of each type
>- Allow organic groups to each get their own set of taxonomy terms to play
>around with
>- Add the ability to upload a custom logo to group home pages (rather than
>switch the whole theme)
>- Add an additional option for block visibility to show within groups
>- Group-based calendars
>- The ability to search for groups in the same state
>
>I'm sort of "cross-posting" this here because in addition to community
feedback,
>I would really love to get feedback from developers about the initial
>assessments of approaches we've chosen, and whether or not there are more
>efficient ways to accomplish some of these. So I appreciate any help/guidance
>anyone can give.

Hi,

I am going to have to work on this as well for my project. I am especially
interested in the permission part. Do you already have code to show or are you
still in the planning stage ? Maybe we can coordinate our efforts. I need to
have this finished before mid-May. Talk to you soon,

--
Bertrand Mansion
http://www.mamasam.com      - creative internet solutions