[development] better autocompletion?

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue Apr 18 12:32:19 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 18 april 2006 12:43, schreef Gerhard Killesreiter:
> Hi there!
>
> I have a problem with autocompletion for selecting a node by title.
>
> This is a very noce methid to find a node, but the problem is that it is
> ambiguous. There might be several nodes by the same name. You can try to
> make it less ambiguous by adding the author's name and or the date, but
> only the node ID will do away with ambiguity. The problem is that the UI
> does not look really nice.

I ran into this problem when I needed node-selection (as in: choose the
parent) for clipper.module

Back then , I designed and thought of another widget for this, one that I
never (obviously ;) ) made into real code...
However, I just made my notes and the mockup into a post @ webschuur.com:
http://www.webschuur.com/node/576

Hope it explains itself there.

Bèr