[development] Giving form_alter an $op and calling it more than once.

Sohodojo Jim salmons at sohodojo.com
Tue Apr 18 13:31:25 UTC 2006

Adrian Rossouw wrote:
> my idea is to separate the callback registration out of the menu system,

	Putting aside the specifics of this thread topic and zeroing in on Adrian's
context-setting comment, I think this is a _great_ idea.

	When I finally had the time to dig into and learn Drupal as a (non-OOP)
framework, it took me a long time to really understand the _generality_ of
Drupal's callback registration system. Its "home" in the menu system
suggested that as callbacks were all (and only) about the menuing. I believe
Adrian's suggestion would have the effect of easing new developers into the
fold without them having to learn our secret handshake ("Well, it's there
because, well, it's always been there...").

	--Sohodojo Jim--