[development] Geo-IP Modifications to 'watchdog' and 'statistics' modules

Gary (Lists) listout at accidentaltechie.org
Tue Apr 18 16:01:20 UTC 2006

"Dries Buytaert" wrote:

> Hey Gary,
>
> On 4/18/06, Gary (Lists) <listout at accidentaltechie.org> wrote:
>> Last night I wrapped up a few changes to my copy of 'watchdog.module' and
>> 'statistics.module' to add a graphic country flag and country, city,
>> latitude and longitude.
>>
>> In case anyone would like to spruce up their 'details' pages, as you see
>> from either the watchdog entries 'details' link or the statistics module's
>> 'details' links, then you might find this useful.
>
> Interesting.
>
> The screenshots look nice but the code looks a little dangerous as you're not
> validating the input.  Hackers can inject XSS attacks.

I'm not sure who the hackers would be, since this is on the admin side of
things, and my script only operates on the hostname that is already in the
SQL db.

Maybe that wasn't clear already?  (Sorry, if so.)

Yeah. This script, in the admin pages, only acts on whatever data is in the
watchdog 'hostname' field, which is an IP address placed there by other
parts of Drupal (as you know. ;)

--
Gary