[development] Awesome form building UI

Gary (Lists) listout at accidentaltechie.org
Tue Apr 18 18:01:54 UTC 2006

"Nedjo Rogers" wrote:

> The approach would be similar to what is done on formassembly, except that we
> would use an XML encoding of our $forms arrays: * serialize our $forms arrays
> as XML
> * write XSL to render the form XML into wForms format * build forms using
> wForms, updating XML dataset, which is then unserialized into a $form array.

I personally refuse any more "XYZ format"  (wForms, etc.) of anything.

There are __standards based__ forms formats for the web, and those are what
__we all__ should be using.

The W3C is what we need to honor, collectively, to have any traction on the
web and to stop this endless cycle of re-naming everything...twice.

Xforms is the W3C next-gen standard, and that is what we all need to
struggle toward.

<http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/>
--
Gary

And Nedjo, while I have your eyes, I've been wondering about this, which
involves you...

You wrote this about two bug fixes for the Projects module. Note the date.

> #7 submitted by nedjo on October 3, 2005 - 15:48
>
> Both patches applied.

Yet the latest downloadable version [dated this month, 2006] of that
Projects module does _not_ have these patches applied.  That was a real
waste of a whole work day.

Is there anything you can do about that?