[development] Thanks to Gerhard and Steven!

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Wed Apr 19 09:14:26 UTC 2006

Nedjo Rogers wrote:
> Welcome back, Dries :)
>
> You'll see that in your absence Gerhard has done an amazing job of
> keeping abreast of the patch queue, Steven has stepped up his
> excellent work, while Neil has pitched in too. I imagine Gerhard comes
> through this period with a new appreciation of what you've been doing
> for so long, Dries.

Indeed, I have gained some insight into how to herd cats. ;p

I don't think I did the job much different from Dries.  The same thing
about not being able to review patches if they don't get written,
reviewed, and tested still applies. I think I was able to dedicate more
time for it, though, and this possibly motivated people to do frequent
reviews of certain patches. Dedicating a lot of time happened  with the
aim of a as-bug-free-as-possible 4.7 release to make my job of
maintaining the release easier and to entice people to upgrade soon.

Cheers,
    Gerhard