[development] better autocompletion?

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Wed Apr 19 14:24:41 UTC 2006

Jeremy Epstein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if this will be the right tool for the job in
> comment_mover, but you should have a look at the activeselect module
> (http://drupal.org/node/49976), which lets you link select boxes
> hierarchically using AJAX. I don't really see how you can use a
> hierarchy of select lists for comment moving, however, since nodes in
> Drupal are not guaranteed to fall within any sort of classification -
> by default they just exist in a 'big swimming pool'.
>
> Perhaps you could use activeselect to browse hierarchically, first by
> type, then by node, then by comment? (Assuming that you want users to
> be able to move comments beneath specific other comments in a node,
> rather than just 'moving them to a new node'). This would work, since
> every node has one type (officially - excluding cases like event
> module), and since every comment belongs in one node, and is
> potentially the child of one other comment.

Activeselect seems to be a solution, unfortunately I need one for 4.6, too.

> For the case of duplicate node titles, my advice is to not worry about
> this, since it's too uncommon a use case to warrant making the
> interface more complex.

Well, comment_mover also moves comments and if these comments actually
are imported from a mailign list using mailhandler/listhandler or
og2list, I think there will be a lot of comments with duplicate titles.

Cheers,
    Gerhard