[development] better autocompletion?

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Wed Apr 19 14:58:58 UTC 2006

Moshe Weitzman wrote:
> killes: I got it. Requires no forms changes at all.
>
> First, some boards call this operation 'prune' and 'graft'. Prune is
> removing a comment branch and graft is attaching it elsewhere. This borrows
> from plants the language of gardening plants.

I know that language. :)

> You add three links to comment_mover_links(). First, you add a link called
> 'prune' on every comment for priveleged people. When admin clicks that, all
> 'prune' disappear and in their place two new links: 'graft' and 'cancel
> prune'. When user clicks a graft link, you now have source and target and
> can move accordingly. 'cancel' just sets it so that the 'prune' links show
> up again.

That is a nice idea! It will work for moving comments to other comments
in the same post and even elsewhere. It would even work for demoting
posts to comments. I'd only need a form for making nodes from comments
and that would be an easy one.

> If you don't like this language, you could use other. I like its organicness
> :)

I think I will keep it.

Cheers,
    Gerhard