[development] flexinode towards 4.7: update,
and it needs additional maintainer(s)
jchaffer at structureinteractive.com
Fri Apr 21 12:53:05 UTC 2006
On Apr 21, 2006, at 8:11 AM, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> CCK is NOT ready. There are NO working upgrade paths and people DO use
> flexinode a lot.
> I beleive CCK is the way to go, for sure. But if we drop flexinode
> now, we
> have NOTHING for a long time. meaning that we force thousands of
> sites to
> remain on 4.6.
> Hence, i will maintain flexinode, if only for my own sites.
Here's the official stance from CCK's mainainer. :-)
- CCK will be ready for 4.7's release. For some values of "ready."
That is, I have been launching production sites using it for some
time, and I feel that it's stable.
- It will probably be a couple months yet before all of Flexinode's
features are implemented in CCK, so people who need those should stay
- An upgrade path from Flexinode to CCK is critical. Owen is working
- I am very very very happy that Bèr is stepping up and maintaining
Flexinode as I throw my efforts elsewhere. The two can coexist very
nicely during the 4.7 cycle.
Algorithm Alchemist, Structure Interactive
(616) 364-7423 http://www.structureinteractive.com/
More information about the development