[development] flexinode towards 4.7: update, and it needs additional maintainer(s)

Jonathan Chaffer jchaffer at structureinteractive.com
Fri Apr 21 12:53:05 UTC 2006

On Apr 21, 2006, at 8:11 AM, Bèr Kessels wrote:

> CCK is NOT ready. There are NO working upgrade paths and people DO use
> flexinode a lot.
> I beleive CCK is the way to go, for sure. But if we drop flexinode
> now, we
> have NOTHING for a long time. meaning that we force thousands of
> sites to
> remain on 4.6.
>
> Hence, i will maintain flexinode, if only for my own sites.

Here's the official stance from CCK's mainainer. :-)

- CCK will be ready for 4.7's release. For some values of "ready."
That is, I have been launching production sites using it for some
time, and I feel that it's stable.
- It will probably be a couple months yet before all of Flexinode's
features are implemented in CCK, so people who need those should stay
with Flexinode.
- An upgrade path from Flexinode to CCK is critical. Owen is working
on this.
- I am very very very happy that Bèr is stepping up and maintaining
Flexinode as I throw my efforts elsewhere. The two can coexist very
nicely during the 4.7 cycle.

--
Jonathan Chaffer
Algorithm Alchemist, Structure Interactive