[development] Views 4.6 maintainer wanted

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Mon Apr 24 14:30:14 UTC 2006

Robert Garrigós Castro wrote:

> If I can be of any help I will try it.
>
> I will be one of those users stuck on 4.6 until internationalization
> works with 4.7 at least like it works now with 4.6 (I wish it was
> already in the core....anyway). And Views  is one of those 'must to
> have' modules. I'm also one of those users that think that 4.6 branch
> needs to be maintained a bit more than it is now (I understand the
> reasons behind) so the best I can do is put my hands on the keyboard.

I won't lie to you and say it's an *easy* task. But anyone working on it
is better than no one working on it!

There's really 2 levels of what needs to be done:

1) simple enhancements or bug-fixes to the 4.6 version to bring it a
little more into line with what it needs to be in order to really be
useful, functional software for sites.

2) Backporting the 4.7 stuff. This will undoubtedly require gettting up
close and personal with the forms api -- I did a lot of interesting and
evil things.

Go ahead and join the Views Developer's Group on groups.drupal.org and
we can set up a discussion on the topic.