[development] formsapi question: saving additional fields' data

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Wed Apr 26 01:11:18 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 02:30 +0200, Adrian Rossouw wrote:
> On 26 Apr 2006, at 2:27 AM, Darrel O'Pry wrote:
>
> > wow... much power, without calling all that module_implements stuff.
> > FormAPI is pretty.
> there is a difference between pretty and powerful.
>
> the difference is, it could be prettier. =)
>
> --
> Adrian Rossouw
> Drupal developer and Bryght Guy
> http://drupal.org | http://bryght.com

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In this case I feel there is an
elegant blend of form and function, not to say it couldn't be more
refined, but it is still stinking pretty and if you disagree I'll sock
you in the nose!!!   ;)

In comparison to the hook model where all the modules are scanned
through testing if a particular callback exists, and not being able to
say stuff like on  don't use nodeapi from inline.module on these
callbacks in a centralized place, beside whatever admin interface
inline.module implements....

I think that specifying the processing for a content item and its life
cycle is pretty nice, and much more streamlined. Admittedly in the long
run some hooks will still be necessary, but I really like the road
formAPI points down, even if we're only at the on-ramp.