[development] archive module for core or not

Gunnar Langemark gunnar at langemark.com
Tue Aug 1 07:25:23 UTC 2006

Not to interrupt the ongoing thread but just to provide a reason or two:

Archive has always been a "blog" centric thing to me.
And the fact that it did not work the way i.e. wordpress does it, made
it less than adequate.
So the contributed "monthly archive" module which I have seen lately -
could perhaps inherit the role of the archive module - without being in
core.
A block which lists months, and links to the posts of that month - is
all it takes to satisfy blogger needs.
I think.

best
Gunnar