[development] Unmaintained/Abandoned Modules

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Tue Aug 1 12:07:52 UTC 2006

Nick Wilson wrote:

> Can somebody tell me what the proceedure is with unmaintained modules?

Asking at this list  is the right thing.

> Specifically Im talking about the Invite module -- It *appears* that the
> author is not contactable and does not look like the module is being
> maintained. (his last activity on drupal.org was in march)

Robert Douglass seems to act as a de facto maintainer.

> I've been working on the module, and have fixed a number of bugs and
> made some improvements but don't know how to go about getting them
> included/reviewed for this module.

Use the issue tracker to upload patches.

> I would be happy to take over the maintenance, or commit as a new module
> -- whatever is the norm.

The norm is to add patches to the issue tracker for the maintainer to
review. http://drupal.org/project/cvs/20967 makes me believe that Robert
will review patches.

Cheers,
	Gerhard