[development] LinksDB vs. Links

Ray Zimmerman rz10 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 2 14:53:21 UTC 2006

On Aug 2, 2006, at 9:39 AM, Greg Knaddison - GVS wrote:

> On 8/2/06, John VanDyk <jvandyk at iastate.edu> wrote:
>> Wow, Morbus. Will you go through my modules, too, please?
>>

> I was trying to think what exact set of "buttons" to push to get
> Morbus to go through ALL of contrib!
>
> If we could do a
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous:anonymous at cvs.drupal.org:/cvs/drupal-contrib
> | poke_morbus | awk -f morbus2issue.txt | curl
> http://drupal.org/node/add/project_issue/$project
>
> That would be nice.

It would be worth an order of magnitude more if you could also slip
in a 'filter_arrogance_and_insults' right after the 'poke_morbus'.
Then it might actually serve to help new developers get up to speed
and contribute stuff that does meet drupal coding standards, instead
of communicating "you don't know squat and your contributions are
worthless, get lost!"

So, if nobody else will say it, I will ... Sam, I'm sorry for Morbus'
attitude. Please do your best to apply your own
'filter_arrogance_and_insults' to his feedback and learn what you can
from the technical content of his comments.

Good grief!

	Ray

P.S. Speaking of buttons, whenever I see this kind of attitude around
here, I always have to resist the strong urge to find the button that
triggered it and see what happens if you hit it repeatedly just for
kicks :-)  It could be pretty amusing, if it weren't for the very
real damage it does to the drupal community (which isn't funny).