[development] LinksDB vs. Links

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Wed Aug 2 18:47:37 UTC 2006

I haven't looked at the code, but it's clear from Morbus' complaints that an
equally long list of almost the very same complaints could be made about many
of the core files.

Some of Morbus' complaints could have resulted directly from Matthew copying
style and technique from core modules.  Others are purely religious war sorts
of issues, i.e. declaring defaults.

Generally I find this sort of post to be an ill-tempered and nit-picky, rather
than useful.

It's generally not a good idea to nit-pick other's code, especially in public,
unless you are yourself perfect -- which no one is.  And that means it just
degenerates into a pissing contest of finding faults with each other.  That's
not a productive use of time, in my view.

I'd appreciate it if we could keep pissing contests out of the various mailing
lists.  Thanks.