[development] Split up the cache table

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Thu Aug 3 16:40:55 UTC 2006

Dries Buytaert wrote:

> On 03 Aug 2006, at 00:39, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>> So, we have now proof that our page cache isn't working well for a
>> busy site such as drupal.org, but the filter cache seems to work fine
>> while the menu cache is truly excellent. The "rest" are a few feeble
>> attemps on caching in cvs and project module, which apparently don't
>> work too well either.
>
> Can we do a really blunt experiment and do per-user caching of entire
> pages?

Sure :)

> The cache will grew big, but it would be interesting to know how
> it affects performance.

The question is what we would gain, ie how the cache hit/miss ratio
develops, but I will give it a try.

Personally, I think the outcome won't be too different or even worse
from what I observered with the anonymous page cache: The pages will be
invalidated too soon to get hit a second time. But maybe I am wrong.

Cheers,
	Gerhard