[development] Administration page patch committed

Neil Drumm drumm at delocalizedham.com
Thu Aug 3 18:50:40 UTC 2006

Frando (Franz Heinzmann) wrote:
> I think we should create a new administration theme. The time of
> bluemarine is - in my eyes - over.

Admin theme:
1. Make hook_menu() able to define menu blocks. Use that for the devel
module and the admin menu.
2. Add a admin_page() themeable function which is called on anything
under /admin. This would be parallel to theme_page() and
theme_maintenance_page(). Add a hard-coded administration block region
to contain the admin menu made in step 1.
3. Put admin CSS in a separate CSS file from drupal.css.
4. Remove the admin theme setting.

Bluemarine refresh:
1. Replace the flat Druplicon default icon with the cell-shaded one.
2. Throw in a tableless layout.
3. Saturate the light blue colors a bit.
4. Add whitespace.
5. Improve the fonts a bit.
6. Repeat in 1-2 years or as needed.

All HTML changes (with the exception of the tableless layout) should not
be implemented in our default theme. They should be implemented in the
default themeable functions.

No, I'm not volunteering for this since I need to be reviewing your
patches for the next month instead.

--
Neil Drumm
http://delocalizedham.com/