[development] The www-subdomain (WAS: Re: Patching settings.php)

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Fri Aug 4 12:32:48 UTC 2006

On 8/3/06, Earl Miles <merlin at logrus.com> wrote:

> The www prefix is only redundant if you feel your domain exists only for
> the web.
>
> Mine uses mail, DNS and other services as well and they may not be on
> the same machines.

You say that like DNS isn't flexible enough to handle www at
http://example.com and mail.example.com records on different IPs.  I
have several such installations.  This is pretty off-topic, but it's
worth being right about the technical details if we're going to use
them for the basis of drupal's behavior.

Personally I'm with Freso - I see no point in the www and feel that
the site should silently drop it if a user inserts it (much like
drupal.org does).

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com