[development] The www-subdomain (WAS: Re: Patching settings.php)

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Fri Aug 4 13:08:13 UTC 2006

I was talking about HTTP only, hence port 80 (by default).

My point was that a subdomain (www) is redundant.
You can still run DNS and Mail on other machines, or
on the same machine.

Why force users to type www when they don't?

I still alias all my domains in Apache (ServerAlias) and DNS,
because so many people still insist on typing that.