[development] links best practices (was Re: internal link filter ...)

Alberto Lusiani alusiani at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 05:45:33 UTC 2006

Hi there,

On 8/5/06, Morbus Iff <morbus at disobey.com> wrote:
> [...]
> Actually, for what it's worth, we should NOT use internal:// or *any*
> foo:// patterns. Doing so, even internally, is a creation of what
> appears to be a new protocol, even though it's actually not. We should
> instead create a new URN, such as internal:node/4. Apple, in the past
> two years or so, I think, got flamed for using webcal:// for it's iCal
> application, where webcal was merely a file format, and not a protocol.

I agree.  I would propose to use some wiki convention, like wikipedia's
[[node label | internal:node/1]].

By the way, although I am listening since some time, this is the first message
I post.   I am using Drupal for a web site about a conference
(http://www.pi.infn.it/congressi/tau06/).  I did some php coding for
it, a theme and
something that could become a conference module.

In that web site I use the wiki module, where one can use [label | http:?q=node]
for internal links.  This would break if Drupal changes the ?q= notation.

Greetings,
--
Alberto