[development] Install profiles should be in their own directories

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Wed Aug 9 14:59:55 UTC 2006

On 8/9/06, Gary Feldman <dpal_gaf_devel at marsdome.com> wrote:
> Khalid B wrote:
> > Install profile is confusing .
> Part of the confusion is that, grammatically, it should be "Installation
> profile."  (Nouns can be adjectives, and nouns can be verbed, but verbs
> can't be adjectives.)
>
> Installation profile works for me, but I prefer package configuration or
> package description.  If the file will be *.profile, then package
> profile seems good.

The main source of confusion, to me, is that it is a term with historical
baggage, and its ambiguity means different things to different people.

Profile can be confused with Drupal's profile module as well.

Package seems to convey the right idea, and has no historical
use in Drupal.

How about "package set", or even just "package"?