[development] Adding to Profile forms - is hardcoding the only way?

Carl Mc Dade carl_mcdade at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 07:12:24 UTC 2006

I am adding a markup field to a Profile form but only want the field to show after a certain textarea. The idea is to use the links in the markup field to enter text in the textarea above it. I have set in the working code and have no problem with it but am questioning the fact that hardcoding this in seems to be the only way.

Is there a way of doing this using the FormsAPI? a grouping syntax? Something like show this field only if a related field is present?

Is there a hook for FormsAPI that would help?

TIA

Carl Mc Dade
 Web Developer for Hire
http://www.heroforhire.net