[development] for those travelling to DrupalCon

alex at owal.co.uk alex at owal.co.uk
Thu Aug 10 10:56:56 UTC 2006

Dan wrote:
> Seems like quite a harsh thing to do to passengers. Imagine getting to
> the checkin to be told to put your laptop etc into your hold luggage.
> I don't think I'd ever trust baggage handlers not to break a laptop or
> camera or something.

That is precisely what is happening. This very point was made by someone
on the tv news this morning. He was saying that businessmen in the airport
around him were getting a bit peeved about their laptops going into the
hold.

More info here on the BBC news website.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4778575.stm

Basically the instructions are that if you dont have to fly in or out of
the UK you should consider cancelling or delaying your flight. If you do
turn up expecting to get on a plane you should expect delays caused by
extra security and extra baggage checks.

I personally would expect this sort of heightened security for several
days - but it should be better tomorrow since we have some notice.

Alex (in London)