[development] Adding to Profile forms - is hardcoding the only way?

Carl Mc Dade carl_mcdade at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 18:16:30 UTC 2006

This was a touch better. still duplicated but not nested.

function profilecloud_form_alter($form_id, &$form) {
$category = 'Medlemskonventet 2006';
  if ($form_id == 'user_edit') {
    $alteration = array('#description' => t('ALTERED!!!!'));
    //$form[$category]['edit-profile_matchmaking_2006'] = array_merge($form[$category],$alteration);
    $form['edit-profile_matchmaking_2006'] = array_merge($form[$category], $alteration);

  }
}

Carl Mc Dade <carl_mcdade at yahoo.com> wrote: I am adding a markup field to a Profile form but only want the field to show after a certain textarea. The idea is to use the links in the markup field to enter text in the textarea above it. I have set in the working code and have no problem with it but am questioning the fact that hardcoding this in seems to be the only way.

Is there a way of doing this using the FormsAPI? a grouping syntax? Something like show this field only if a related field is present?

Is there a hook for FormsAPI that would help?

TIA

 Carl Mc Dade
____________________________
 Web Developer for Hire
 http://www.heroforhire.net
info at heroforhire.net

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2�/min or less.

 Carl Mc Dade
Web Developer
Dataföreningen i Sverige AB
www.d4d.se