[development] Nodes content within nodes solution developement?

Carl Mc Dade carl_mcdade at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 13 15:48:59 UTC 2006

There appears to be a patch to upgrade this to 4.7.2 but was never commited.

http://drupal.org/node/55259

Could you take a look at this?

Carl Mc Dade <carl_mcdade at yahoo.com> wrote: This is the kick start I was looking for ! I remembered seeing this once I surfed to the URL. Using filters is a good solution. I will have to ask which suits the scenario best filters or association. Possibly making it a choice in the administration.

Thanks!

Mark Howell <mark at nullcraft.org> wrote: I wrote the Attached Node module a while back:
http://drupal.org/node/11988

It basically uses filters to substitute [node:123] with the contents of
the node.  It also has image-specific code (for Drupal 4.5) that allows
for manipulation of the rendering:

      [node:123,res="640x480"]
      [node:123,res="original",title="Original version of the picture"]

A coworker wrote a custom UI in my project to insert the node tag
content from a select list, but others feel comfortable just typing
these tags in directly.

This code has not been touched in 20 months.  Feel free to update it to
Drupal 4.6 or 4.7.

-Mark

Carl Mc Dade wrote:

> Yes, I have decided to use an association table and nodeapi. I'm a bit
> hung though because I forgot to ask for a complete business model. I
> am unsure about "whom" is going to be the end user of such a
> capability, bloggers? admin? forum moderators? Or should it be open to
> all and subject to moderation. Once I get these out of the way then I
> will start in.
>
> I appreciate all the input and you can keep it coming. But the one
> thing that is missing in the responses is the main question.
> Frequently after someone tries to make a contribution they are stopped
> because their project is similar or the same as another ongoing
> project. To avoid this collision I thought to ask if anyone has a
> project that  is even remotely like this?
>

> */Suuch Solutions /* wrote:
>
>     I've done something similar that essentially redirects all
>     comments to a non-forum node to an assigned forum node. Yes, it's
>     a matter of hook_nodeapi, a table to keep track of associations,
>     and hook_link. Post count ( e.g. 1 comment, 2 comments) is already
>     handled by the comment.module once you know the associated forum
>     topic nid.
>
>     I can send you code snippets if this description is not enough.
>     paa.kwesi
>
>     On 12/08/06, *Jeff Eaton*
>     > wrote:
>
>         A site I've been working on has almost *exactly* the same
>         requirement. It's still in development, so the code doesn't
>         exist yet (urgh), but our conclusion was:
>
>         Use nodeapi's insert $op to intercept new blog posts. When
>         they're saved, programmatically create a forum post with the
>         blog post's teaser and a link pointing to the 'full' blog
>         entry. In nodapi's 'view' $op, add a link at the bottom of the
>         blog post to 'discuss this post' that points to the forum
>         topic in question. It would work best when blog posts have
>         comments disabled; that way there's only one place to discuss
>         a given blog post. The end result is that blog posts point to
>         the forum for discussion. It would probably work best if there
>         was a dedicated forum category for those types of posts.
>
>         I'm not sure if that's helpful, but it's the flow we came up
>         with. There's some sample code for programmatically creating
>         forum nodes in the 'devel' module's  generate-content.php
>         script. It handles the proper linking of taxonomies and
>         updating of post counts, etc.
>
>         --Jeff

 Carl Mc Dade
Web  Developer