[development] InnoDB and accesslog/ watchdog

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Sun Aug 13 17:17:58 UTC 2006

Hi there!

I am considering to write a patch which would split up the accesslog and
watchdog tables into a storage table and a smaller table where we'd
insert the new events. To still show the end user the combined results,
I would use a merge table in mysql (there are other methods for pgsql).
The issue is that the merge engine only works for myisam tables so for
mysql we'd need to enforce them. Is there anybody who prefers innodb for
logging tables and would prefer to not change them to myisam?

Cheers,
	Gerhard