[development] InnoDB and accesslog/ watchdog

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Mon Aug 14 02:27:47 UTC 2006

I don't like to impose an infrastructure default that may not be available
for most users, nor can  they enable it if they want to (think shared
hosting where Inno or Merge may not be available).

hook_accesslog() and hook_watchdog() is the way to go.

We can ship default modules that do what is done today, but contributors
can write modules that do syslog, SNMP, pager, monit, nagios, ....etc.
The possibilities are endless.

I may even volunteer to write a contrib syslog module for both hooks if no
one else is working on it.