[development] Re: InnoDB and accesslog/ watchdog

Ken Rickard agentrickard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 13:38:30 UTC 2006

Dries asked:

> Why those?  How did you determine the set of tables?  You should
> focus on the tables where there is lock contention ... and where
> concurrency matters.

Now remember that I'm not a db guru, but we have a few on staff.  One of our
guys did an analysis of the query logs to see which tables got hit the most
to see if he could improve db performance.

According to his tests, changing these tables to InnoDB helped optimize db
usage, though I don't have the numbers to back that up here.

There may be other tables that would benefit (in fact, there may be others
that have been converted, I just did a quick check).