[development] Core scripts cleanup

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Tue Aug 15 16:42:44 UTC 2006

On 8/15/06, Morbus Iff <morbus at disobey.com> wrote:
> Nope. Just prevent access from the web
> via .htaccess, like we do everything else.

Except that many hosts deny .htaccess overrides
Note SA-2006-06 (revised): http://drupal.org/node/66763

> Alternatively, it's quite easy to add a check in the script itself to
> detect if it's being run in a web environment vs. a CLI. Just check for
> some environment variables here and there.

That seems like a better solution.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com