[development] CVS HEAD, code freeze, zeitgeist

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Wed Aug 16 21:02:24 UTC 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> Since Drupal 4.7 was released, we added a fair number of features to the
> development version of Drupal.  Enough features to justify making a release.

I agree that we have enough changes to justify a release, and IMHO we need
to look into polishing what we introduced so far up until we are happy
to release. This means usability and performance patches mostly. Some
smaller or deeply worked on features will surely meet the deadline, but
IMHO there is no point in pushing the deadline forward.

DrupalCon (coming in a month) will probably be about new things, further
development, and it should kick off another round of improvements coming
for another new release. Drupal HEAD is in a pretty good shape now, is
quite stable, so it is a good base to build upon it. I hope last
DrupalCon's humorous comments about an uncertain release date will not
come back this time :)

Gabor