[development] a new/old admin theme (which generally works now)

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Thu Aug 17 17:34:58 UTC 2006

On 17-Aug-06, at 10:21 AM, Geoff Staples wrote:

> On the admin theme:
>
> It seems to me that it would be great to have a really basic Admin
> theme that allows the logo and the site name to be placed in a
> header, content to be placed in a footer, and the colors controlled
> via CSS and that's about it.
>
> The problem I see is that making a site theme work on the admin
> section  isn't realistic since things that work great on the site
> itself play havoc with the admin area.
>
> Is there a REALLY SIMPLE admin theme that can be used with any theme?

Bluemarine. Maybe bluemarine with the colours removed/neutralized,
and only two column. I usually split the entire admin menu tree into
its own "Admin" menu, enable the block, and use PHP to have it appear
only to those with admin rights. Further, if you don't want to have
it appear on "regular" pages, you can restrict it to show only on
admin/* pages.

-- Boris