[development] CVS HEAD, code freeze, zeitgeist
boris at bryght.com
Fri Aug 18 15:05:21 UTC 2006
On 8/18/06, Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18 Aug 2006, at 09:18, Larry Garfield wrote:
> > Personally, I think this is an issue best handled by the oft-
> > discussed but
> > not-yet-implemented golden/recommended/endorsed/first class citizen
> > contrib
> > concept.
> We're not going to have such concept. We might have ratings but
> nothing official.
I have often talked about this. But I also have NEVER meant for this to be
part of the code/technical infrastructure.
Want your module "golden"?
* address issues in the tracker in a reasonable timeframe
* be ready for the release of Drupal by the RC stage
* add unit testing (simpletest) and/or black box testing (selenium)
* use proper Drupal APIs (theme functions, connect with other modules, etc.)
* make your module kick ass
If you do all of the above, I, personally, will ship you a certificate with
the name of the module and a big gold star on it. Note: may or may not be
legal in some states or jurisdictions.
Also, Derek's work on CVS / Project means we can do per-module revisions. My
initial push for "golden" modules was in fact related to such a concept.
San Francisco 415-367-3595
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the development