[development] Fixing themes and regions

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Fri Aug 18 19:07:08 UTC 2006

Op vrijdag 18 augustus 2006 08:47, schreef Dries Buytaert:
> (iii) lack of
> examples

I just thought that core is very guilty here too. Let's investigate what
should be a block in a region, in core.

* Help (help region)
* Message (messages region)
* Mission (frontpage region, special region)
* Footer (footer region, or sematically more correct "legal" or so).
* Primary/secondary links (navigation region)
* Logo (identity region)

We could take it to extremes, but I fear that will lead to a discussion that
will slow down actual implementation. Main. Content. As a block. In
a "content" region. But lets forget about that special one, for reasons
mentioned above :).

Most of above, is what I do in whatinitsname theme. Which is the first step
towards a theme engine I have in mind, called brickslate, where /everything/
is a block in a region. (bricks).

Bèr