[development] PHP input format -> syntax checking

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Mon Aug 21 16:24:20 UTC 2006

On 8/21/06, Tadej Baša <tadej.basa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert Wohleb pravi:
> that's exactly what I want to prevent. e.g. a missing ')' (parse error)
> in custom block visibility causes the whole site to break.

Have you tested this?  I believe the functionality you desire (site
alerts the user to the error but generally continues to work) is
already available.  There may be some specific cases where that is not
the case but I know that haven't found any yet.

I just used the following code in a node that was formatted with the
php input filter:
<?php
print("this is fine");
print("this is surely borken"
?>

And got the following result:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in
/home/.beanor/knaddiso/uagdse.com/includes/common.inc(1175) : eval()'d
code on line 7"

The rest of the site works fine.

Which version are you using?

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com