[development] PHP input format -> syntax checking

Tadej Baša tadej.basa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 13:03:27 UTC 2006

> Good this is brought up again.
>

> Op maandag 21 augustus 2006 18:24, schreef Greg Knaddison - GVS:
>> Have you tested this? �I believe the functionality you desire (site
>> alerts the user to the error but generally continues to work) is
>> already available. �There may be some specific cases where that is not
>> the case but I know that haven't found any yet.
>
> I once made an issue for this, because AFAIK a fatal error will still break a
> lot of Drupal sites. I am not sure if this can be fixed by changing some of
> the PHP ini configuration. In any case, here is the issue:
> http://drupal.org/node/40505
>
> B�r

Fatal errors cause the whole PHP script to exit, so there is no way to address in a nice way.
I think I read somewhere that trapping fatal errors will be available in PHP 6, but until then,
the nicest solution I can think of is sending the code to drupal_eval via javascript,
detect if drupal_eval died and if so, prevent form submission (or at least warn the user).

-Tadej