[development] node types should not be changeable, operations need hooks

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 04:25:30 UTC 2006

On 8/24/06, Neil Drumm <drumm at delocalizedham.com> wrote:
> We could auto-generate [the machine-readable]
> name based on the current [human readable] name and
> simply remove the whole field. If we sum the combined time of people may
> spend wasting time trying to figure this out and compare that to the
> remaining developer gain, I think the users should win.
>
> I think this is enough to show that machine readable names used in URLs
> and HTML should be auto-generated based on the content type name.

This is what the pre-CCK patch <http://drupal.org/node/62340>
originally did. IIRC, Dries insisted that everything relating to
"auto-generation of machine readable names" be removed from the patch.
I am happy to see auto-generated machine-readable names make a return,
but you'll have to convince Dries of its merits.

Cheers,
Jaza.