[development] Timing for an autocomplete patch ?

Yves CHEDEMOIS y.chedemois at free.fr
Thu Aug 24 12:25:12 UTC 2006


I'd like some advice on a dilemma I'm facing :

I'm working on a patch for cck's nodereference that requires
adding a feature to core's autocomplete widget (I won't delve
into technical context here, my question is about patch submitting
strategy - see http://drupal.org/node/62498, more specifically
comment 10, for details)

I therefore have another patch for core, that is (i think...) ready
and functionnal, and I'm not sure what would be the best timing to
submit it :
- wait until the jQuery migration patch hits core, and submit it against
the new jQuery version ?
- submit it and have it reviewed now, against current HEAD (old
style js libs), and maybe update it along the way if the jQuery thing
gets commited ?

It fixes what i think is a serious usability issue in cck's nodereference,
so ideally I wish it would be added to the 4.7 as well, but that might be
against all rules ?

Any advice from the guys active on js / jQuery stuff ?



More information about the development mailing list