[development] ChipIn Module

Rob Barreca rob at electronicinsight.com
Thu Aug 24 17:59:04 UTC 2006

Boris Mann wrote:
> First -- thanks for putting this together, Rob.
Sure thing. ChipIn has sponsored the development so they deserve some
thanks as well. :P
> I'm wary of payment systems in general, and in particular of new,
> untested ones. I took a spin around ChipIn, and it is quite nicely
> done. I created an account.
I agree that will be the initial hold-up and I felt a bit of the same at
first. But after using the ChipIn site for a bit, I've gained confidence
and think it would be a worthwhile contribution.
> How is their support for international credit cards? Our community is
> a world wide one...
They accept international credit cards via PayPal. See
http://chipin.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=78
for some info.

Here is a list of countries:

> Anguilla
> Argentina
> Australia
> Belgium
> Brazil
> Canada
> Chile
> China
> Costa Rica
> Cyprus
> Czech Republic
> Denmark
> Dominican Republic
> Ecuador
> Estonia
> Finland
> France
> Germany
> Greece
> Hong Kong
> Hungary
> Iceland
> India
> Ireland
> Israel
> Italy
> Jamaica
> Japan
> Latvia
> Lithuania
> Luxembourg
> Malaysia
> Malta
> Mexico
> Netherlands
> Norway
> Poland
> Singapore
> Slovakia
> Slovenia
> South Africa
> Spain
> Sweden
> Switzerland
> Taiwan
> Thailand
> Turkey
> United Kingdom
> Uruguay
> Venezuela

> Use JQuery effects. It will likely be in core for 4.8/5.0, and it's
> much smaller than script...
With the release set for tomorrow, I guess it is perfect timing!

--
Rob Roy Barreca
Founder and COO
rob at electronicinsight.com