[development] The menu - does it have to be different on each page?

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Tue Aug 29 23:28:11 UTC 2006

> Caching the whole rendered menu block would have some serious
> performance implications.

unless i am missing something, this focus on rendering is misplaced. you
still have calculate the whole menu tree to find the right path for callback
and breadcrumb. thats where the performance cost is. building the rendering
isn't too bad. furthermore, most big sites just disable navigation block and
do own navigation using a different menu or separate from menu system.

now if we could determine callback without building the menu tree we would
be in real fine shape.

-moshe